Friday, December 9, 2011

The Importance of Friendships

Friends are important. Duh.

As self-evident as that is, I think this is a lesson that I need to learn over and over. When I feel trapped and busy and stressed out, the last thing I do is see friends. I tell myself: I don't have the time, seeing them will stress me out even more, and my brain is too overloaded to be a good listener. I want to get away from people and spend time alone relaxing because everything is about me when I'm stressed out.

I have been in this cycle more than once and almost every time I come out of it, I realize that friends never hinder my mental health. When I think seeing them will stress me out, it actually causes me to relax and feel good for a moment. It's strange really - logically it doesn't make sense. Adding one more moment to my already full brain should put me into overload and die. But I don't die, I feel relieved.

My logically conclusion?
Seeing friends forces me to not focus on me for a moment - it's a relief.

So, during this stressful exam season - I need to make time to spend with friends. Even if it's only an hour. I know that laughing and talking and catching up and discussing and eating and playing "go fish" will be more beneficial than spending time alone relaxing.

Here is a photo tribute to friends:

I love you all very much. Thank you for putting up with my highs and lows.






Sorry for the messy, I don't know how to organize the photos. Also, click if you want to see one bigger :)

No comments: