Tuesday, December 9, 2008

I have a dream!


This is Anchorage, Alaska. I will live here when I graduate. 



Isn't it cute? (notice the mountains in the distance! i love it!)


= 7 hours of daylight in the winter, 20 hours in the summer. (doesn't really get dark)



"And I can see russia from my house!"

Okay, So i decided this is where I am going to plan on living and teaching once I graduate. Teachers in Alaska start at $40,000, which is the highest in U.S.A. The weather is only a bit colder than michigan. But there is much more to do in the winter (Dog sled races, Skiing, skating etc etc). It's right up against 4 different mountain ranges, and there is 259 miles of trails. 259 MILES. That is so much. And in the summer it never really gets dark, that means I can hike until 2 am. Do you realize how cool that is? Sure sure it's gonna be a little depressing in the winter, but it's totally worth it to be by mountains. And the Ocean/Gulf of Alaska. Oh, and there's great fishing. SALMON. and apparently there's quite a bit of Grizzlies that leave near by (not good for the safety of my future children). But moose are everywhere too. I have never seen a moose! 

I am moving to Alaska! Want to come with me?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You didn't see any moose in Yellowstone? I did. What the heck? That is peculiar. Should have hiked the tetons!


Your pal and confidant,
Dani

Unknown said...

I'll come with you! I've always wanted to live in Alaska too! :)