Friday, February 17, 2012

Running Goal #1 Accomplished

I did it! I did the first day of running and....

it completely sucked. But I did it!

Since I am doing the "couch to 5k" training guide, I had to walk for 90 seconds and then run for 60 seconds. Before I started, I thought - this is going to be so easy! I was wrong - WAY wrong. I forgot how bad of a runner I am. It was hard for me to run 60 seconds. 60 seconds!? yes, I can't believe it either.

I didn't like it and here's why:
- my hands were freezing (I walked/ran back to grab gloves)
- my throat/breathing tube was freezing - it really hurt.
- the sun was in my eyes (do runners wear sunglasses?)
- I was out of breath and that's a bad feeling
- I rather be sleeping
- I rather be eating
- I rather be be baking

BUT, I am going to continue doing it. I made a goal and I really want accomplish it. It was my first run, I don't think it's suppose to be that great. I have the time in my life to do it now so I am. I am going to give running a fair shot.

Here's a picture of me right before:

I'm really excited about my new running gear. 

2 comments:

Holly said...

First off, HOLY SHIT I'm so excited for you!
2nd. Here's some advice.
Wear lots of layers on your upper half. Make sure your head and neck are sufficiently covered. I know it sounds counter productive, but as long and those parts are warm, they won't hurt. At the beginning of my running I would wear a scarf, a full hat and a hood. Sometimes I still do. You can totally wear sunglasses. Also make sure you have no skin showing at all. Lastly as you build your endurance, you will get warmer faster and not need all the layers. It usually takes me around 7 minutes to go from freezing to feeling warm. I just texted you to hang out so hopefully we can talk about this stuff in person soon!

annethel said...

That is some real good advice :)

I really needed that. I refuse to run in the snow but maybe I'll try this weekend... The roads by my house would be pretty safe to run on. I'm afraid of slipping and dying.

I remember when you would dress up like an Eskimo to go running, it's encouraging for me to think that you went no matter what. I'm such a whimp.

I'm excited to see you!