Monday, November 21, 2011

I'm still broke. . .

Update! Update! Update!

Since my last post, I've almost completely stop spending money. However, I didn't live off of $5 a week like I said I was going to. FAILURE. meh, whatever.

Here's what I did spend - $36.45 on groceries and $18 cash on who knows what (okay, it was probably spent on Taco Bell and McDonalds. OKAY, it was spent on Taco Bell and McDonalds). 

I think that's still pretty darn good! I am shocked at how much money I have saved. Last month, my credit card bill was $973.* Yes, there were some higher expenses in there (plane ticket to Boston, car battery) but other than that . . . WHERE DID THAT MONEY GO? Well, thankfully I can look at the statement on-line and tell you. It went to Hungry Howie's Pizza, Taco Bell, Heffron Farms, Douglas J (hair cut), Hopcat, iTunes, The Book Loft, The Best Breakfast Restaurant (yes, that's the name), Northstar Cafe, Minute Man Pizza, Calvin College Bookstore, and Meijer. 
*By the way, I pay off my credit card bill every month. I have never allowed it to accrue interest. I use it solely for the points. 

That's where. Now, that I've stopped spending money. My credit card statement is $225.12 - what a change. Now, I have extra money! WEEEE!!! I'm going to put it into my savings account and pretend it doesn't exist. That's a really good feeling. 

Lesson learned - it is way more satisfying to save then to spend. I feel in control. 

Lesson #2 - eating Ramen, toast, and PB & J everyday will make you loose weight uncontrollably fast. 

No comments: