Friday, April 8, 2011

Couscous Confetti Salad


I was feeling really depressed today. And not the "I'm sad but everything is great" kind of depression, it was the "I'm sad and everything is falling apart, so I'm going to climb into my bed and lay there for two weeks" kind of depression. So, I climb into bed and prepared my body for two weeks of laying there. . . but I got bored after about 3 hours. So, I decided to go grocery shopping and make Couscous Confetti Salad. And folks, it was as good as the title claims - a real party to swing me back into happy land.

I loved making this! I used to never make/like salads like this because my social media always told me salads have lettuce. This has whole wheat couscous, carrot, green onion, parsley, and red pepper. But despite the absence of lettuce, I loved it! It was a lot of chopping but it's so healthy and I can just pop it into my mouth right out of the fridge.


That's shredded carrot (not cheese). It was my first time shredding a carrot and I have to be honest- I felt like I was torturing it to death.
RIP carrot


That's a lot Couscous Confetti Salad.


Close up!


Also, I don't know why blogger underlines everything after a upload a picture. Usually I go through some work to undo it but tonight I am too lazy.

Funny Picture!

No comments: