Monday, April 6, 2009

Photos that capture the essence of this girl named "Annie."


This photo inspired me to do this creative little blog post. This is my new 'thing': to wear my hiking boots with skirts. It's one of those things that I love so much, I honestly don't care what the world thinks of it. It is something that is just so me

This is the photograph that started it all. I took this photo with my SRL film camera in the passenger seat mirror of a friends car. I wish I could have found it in color, but those sun glasses at ruby red and my finger nails are hot pink. The peace sign fits nicely, as it would in many pictures to come. 

I love how big my smile is this picture. I was truly so happy. (By the way, this was taken at a Harry Potter midnight showing)

My dad got me that blue polka dot ring. I will never forget it. Once again, notice the finger nails. Also the "how to be a hippie handbook." I still don't know if I'm a hippie.

I love to dance. This photo shows that. I will dance and sing pretty much anywhere I feel comfortable. 

This was taken on the most important day of my life; my baptism. I love God, and though it might be impossible, I feel like this photo shows that. My humble bowing before God as I was about to show the world that I am firm believer in Jesus. 

So many details that I love in this photo: white sunglasses, Chipotle, Izze (the orange drink), my purse I got in Seattle, purple Iowa shirt, brown vest, and a smile. 

Friends are very important to me. This is me and friend Samantha. We were bored, so we took pictures of ourselves. I had my camera set on a tripod and we ran and laid down in my school's fancy crosswalk. It was a really good time. 

I like simple things in life. This lunch was wonderful. Plus, seriously who takes photos of themselves and their boring lunch? Annie Nelson does. 

Hands are the thing I'm most attracted to. My hand in this picture looks awesome. And this is just a really good candid(ish) shot. 


I want to hike and conquer bigger mountains. I feel powerful in this photo, and accomplished.
 

There is so much joy in this picture. I love silliness. This photo is a reminder to never stop being silly because it can bring so much joy. 


Many people have told me that I have really 'blossomed' since this summer. And I couldn't agree more. I am confident and happy. So much has changed this past year, and it all has been for the better. I can look back on this year and see how much I've grown through my terrible pain. It's such a good realization to know that everything really does work out for the good. 

Even though it's hard to see at times, everything truly will be okay

3 comments:

Samantha said...

Annie! I absolutely love this! and I am absolutely in love with you (in a totally platonic way)!
Keep on Loving,
Samantha

Bobwise said...

I love you so much. You are so wonderful.

Holly said...

=) I really enjoyed spending time with you this weekend.