Thursday, March 5, 2009

Becoming a teacher. . .

This semester I am taking Education 202. As a requirement for this class I have to spend some time in an actual classroom and 'observe'. So once a week I go to East Kentwood Freshman Campus and 'observe'. Although, I don't really observe. I help out this cool kid named EJ. 

Peoples, I cannot even tell you how excited I am to teach.
 Today I had to wake up at 6:30 am (I went to bed at 2am) to go to my school and I was so excited to do it. Afterwords I am so energized. I know I'm not really making a difference, but seeing EJ learn and really understand Algebra; it's the greatest feeling. I love it. Every time after I  leave the school I get a little emotional because it's like "wow, this is what I really want to do, and I'm doing it!" I'm accomplishing my dreams. It's kind of scary, but wow! I cannot not wait for each day to begin. I have found my purpose in life. It's so strange this feeling that I get after I am done helping EJ, it's like I am suddenly so motivated to do everything. I'm on the right track and I love it. I absolutely love it. 

(future teacher)

This semester is my semester to try new things. and grow.  

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those future students are so lucky.

Anonymous said...

I taught ESL for a minute in Luxembourg, and I'm working on my degree for being a history teacher. What do you want to teach? :O

Bobwise said...

I'm proud of you.