Monday, May 30, 2011

I love Yellowstone! Black Bear, Dragons Mouth, and Bison Carcass

I love Yellowstone! I love Yellowstone so much! Why you ask? Because this place is crazy! There are bears and bison and mud pots and crazy things everywhere you turn!

Anyways, today was average. It's strange how average includes seeing a black bear, boiling mud, and a bison carcass. I love average!

Paolo, Kate, Jesse and I went driving through Hayden Valley to the Mud Volcano. Yes, I was there yesterday. But it's so awesome! Here is a video of "The Dragons Mouth":



*You can't hear it real well on the video but this thing sounds like it's breathing. It's real deep and creepy and awesome.


Also, on the way we saw a black bear in a tree. It was my first black bear of the season! You can't see it real well in the photos but I was pretty close. It was curled up into a ball.

First photo - you can see the ears. Second photo - you can see the snout.

Back to Mud Volcano.... Here is the view when walking down back to the car. I love seeing the steam in the distance. Yellowstone is so magical.


Okay. WARNING!!! The next photos are graphic and not for the faint of heart. Jesse and Kate said they saw a bison carcass when walking. Paolo and I thought that sounded sweet so we had to see it. After some confusing directions we found it! It was nasty!




*Paolo is gross for touching it. Kate touched it too. They are both gross.


*You can see all its body parts laying around. Paolo is by the legs and there is a rib by Jesse.

Sorry, this blog post was so ADD. I'm in a bit of hurry - need to work in 7 minutes and I don't have pants on. Uh oh...


No comments: