Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Canyon - hiking the North Rim

After work adventures!

Driving around Yellowstone is the best. This was the mode of transportation chosen for today:


*This is Paolo's truck - her name is Chelsea. Chelsea is messy but fun to drive around in. She can hit every pothole and still be okay.

Paolo and I went to "The Grand Canyon of Yellowstone National Park". It's pretty sweet and just like most beautiful things, pictures do not do it justice. It's a Canyon that's that up to 900 feet deep, half a mile wide and 24 miles long. YES, 24 miles long! - Take that "Grand Canyon of Arizona"!


This is the classy/cheezy picture (that does the real thing no justice) of the Grand Canyon.


Sometimes it can be really hard to pose for a picture (as seen above). I had no idea what to do with my legs. When I lifted up my legs for the middle photo, Paolo almost had a heart attack because he thought I was going to fall off (the other side is a huge drop and would result in sudden death). While Paolo was freaking out, I almost peed my pants.

O yeah, I forgot to mention. We were hiking. We hiked "North Rim Trail". So, when I almost peed my pants, I really almost peed my pants because there were no bathrooms around. The trail goes all along a steep cliff so there really wasn't anywhere in the woods I could go either. THEN, I found a place :)



Yes, that is a picture of where I peed. The snow was really deep. It has to be noted because it was my first outdoor pee of the season. Woop woop!

Oh yeah, going back to awkward posing. I caught Paolo awkwardly trying to get a better photo of the Canyon:


On the hike, we saw many pretty things. . .


. . . like a tiny cascading river and a rainbow.

Okay, now for the cheesy self portraits with the Canyon:

Gosh, I love that coat.


I really like this one. I didn't know what to do (kind of like the awkward legs from before) so I started waving my arms and hey! it worked!


I found these sunglasses in Paolo's car. He said I could have them. I said, "No, thanks. They give me a uni-brow".

I love this place so much. If ANY of you want to come visit, please please please feel welcome to. I have an air mattress that you can sleep on and I know all the best places to go. I would love to have you.


EDIT.
I almost forgot the most exciting part of my day! Marcus surprised visited Jessica and I! Marcus was a co-worker from my summer in 2008 at Old Faithful. He is really awesome and it was great to see him. He took a picture of us on his camera but I didn't get one. But here's a photo from 2008:

2 comments:

Holly said...

You work with some foxy men!

annethel said...

meh. They're okay. Nothing compared to my broad shoulder hubba hubba man in GR. ;)