Sunday, May 29, 2011

Bed Adventures, Snow Crazy, and The Mud Volcano

Oh, what a day! Work started with a mattress/bed frame adventure...

We have this room that we cram all the stuff we don't need into. It's packed - you can barely get the door open. Well, one of my residents informed me that his bed doesn't have legs (AKA his mattress is on the floor and he needs head boards). That is a problem. It was even a bigger problem when we realized that the head boards were all the way in the corner of the room we crammed too much stuff into.


It was crazy. I was making a sour puss face because I got a splinter. After much blood and sweat, we got the head boards and fixed the bed (which was also a feat of it's own).

Then it was dinner time. We have been getting a lot of snow the past couple days (yes, I know it's May 29). Despite how depressing it is people are making the best of it- making forts and having snow ball fights.


#1) Check out how high the snow is in the "tunnel" that we walk through to get the EDR (employee dining room).

#2) Look how skinny I look!

After dinner, Jessica and I ventured to Hayden valley. We ended up at "mud volcano". There's a bunch of spewing mud. It hisses and bubbles and it quite cool.

This is from one of the spewing cauldrons. It was mixing the mud and water into pretty spirals. You can't see it real well in the original so I "auto enhanced" it. It's pretty cool.


SPEWING water and tiny mud pots

I love this stuff. It's so crazy and bizarre. It's like I live on the moon or mars or something.

When I returned to the dorms people were having a good time so I joined them.

Please note the snow grizzly - also the dinosaur.

I thought this was real cute.

I found an alien.

No comments: