Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Random Happenings...

Sometimes, things can pretty boring around here. There are about 400 employees that live, work, and play together. Thankfully, we have a "Rec Center". The Rec Center's job is give employees things to do - they organize tournaments, hikes, trips to the city, etc. . . It's pretty awesome. I recently went to a few of their events - like the basket ball tournament: 


I was rooting for the team not wearing the orange jerseys. I was pretty excited - I kind of enjoy watching sports (sometimes). My team lost and I was really bummed for 2 hours. 

But I cheered up when a couple days later, I played BINGO. Yep - it was a great time. Here are some friends that I dragged along: 

Cricket. John. Mark. 

My (AWESOMEAMAZINGSUPERCOOL) friend Beckey mailed me all the ingredients for the best trail mix ever. She even included two zip lock bags labeled; "To Share" and the other "Annie's TM - Paws Off!". I brought the share bag to Bingo and all my friends loved me. 

That's Robert - he's a security guy. 



I just really like this photo...

Each Bingo card was a 25 cents, so naturally I bought 4. Robert won the first game ($6). And then I won the second game. And I won $11!!! Here is my winning moment - literally yelling BINGO! 

Everybody else was super bummed because $11 is a lot of money! 

Naturally, I went to the pub and then bought a six pack of Bent Nail IPA at the General Store. I drank some and then took a picture of Charlotte (another Resident Coordinator). She is quite adorable: 

She also likes to spread rumors...

Now to my days off. My first day off was really lame. It was raining and cold and miserable. I slept in and watched Nurse Jackie in my room all day. It was kind of nice to relax and be alone. 

The next day, I was determined to find something to do. One of my residents, Elijah, also had the day off so we went WHITE WATER RAFTING. I don't really have any good photos. But I have a picture of me in the wet suit and water proof jacket looking chubs: 



Rafting was AWESOME. I love to raft. Although, it's kind of pricy and my butt hurt A LOT - maybe I was sitting wrong or something... Also, while rafting we saw an otter and mountain sheep - that was swell. 

We then went to Bozeman - where Elijah is from. We went to his storage unit and I was surprised at how many cool things he had. He has swords and shields and axes and a whole lot of random things. So, I made him take pictures of me with his cool swag: 



We then ate dinner at Buffalo Wild Wings and it was HEAVEN. I wanted to take a picture of my food but Elijah said that would be silly - so I didn't. I think he was wrong. 

RANDOM RANDOM RANDOM

I found a Brown Recluse Spider (I think/ almost positive) !!! If this isn't a brown recluse, please let me know. 


Also, look at this elf running: 
tehe

1 comment:

Beckey said...

yay I'm glad you guys enjoyed the trail mix!!