Saturday, June 4, 2011

Packages and Ice Lake

I got my first care package a couple of days ago. I was really excited.

It was filled with all sorts of goodies from the boyfriend, including a love letter and poem.
Everybody say it with me, "awww!"

Yesterday was the "shakedown". Basically, Xanterra (the company I work for) opens the dining room for the employees so the servers and cooks can get practice before the dining room opens for real. It was awesome - you can order anything you want. I ordered Top Sirloin and it was delicious!

Apparently, we all don't know how to take a proper photo. I blame it on the classiness of the place throwing all of us out of whack.

Then, today I got another surprise package. This one was from amazon. . .

100 Tootsie Pops! I love Tootsie Pops!
Also, from the boyfriend. Say it again, "awww!"

So, if you read my earlier entry, you know I was feeling pretty down. I didn't do much of anything until 5. I knew John got off of work at 5, so I went to bug him to see if wanted to go to the General Store so I could buy some ChocoVine. I told him about how I was all bummed because I didn't do anything on my day off and I was feeling like a loser... and then he invited me on hike! It was great to get out of the Canyon area (I was getting antsy).

He didn't have a hike in mind. His plan was to just drive until we see a trail sign. So that's what we did. And we found "Ice Lake".


There was a ton of snow (as always) but the sun was shining so it wasn't so bad! Ice Lake was... well a lake that was frozen. It feels good to get out and hike and be on a trail and conquer. I don't know what it is about hiking - I mean, really - you are just walking. I love it.

And on the way home, I snapped a good photo of the mountain that we live by. It's gorgeous!


I still feel antsy - which is kind of bummer. I really need to get out and meet some folks. Maybe I'll do that now. I have another day off tomorrow and I'm kind of dreading it because I don't have anything to do. I know! I'll get out of my stupid room and make some friends that hopefully have the day off too.

Also, I could be getting sick. I feel a slight cold coming. . . uh oh... (that could play a part in my depression level).

No comments: