Monday, June 6, 2011

Lake Yellowstone and Adventures with Jessica

My day started out interesting...

I was awoken by my manager Jessica knocking on my door - she informed that James (a resident) sprang his ankle and he needed to be driven to the clinic at Lake Village (17 miles away). I was really sleeping and replied with a hazy "what?" She then informed that if I didn't drive him, he would have to take an ambulance that would cost a lot of money. So, the next thing I knew I was in my car with James and Caesar (his brother) listening to the Beatles and driving to Lake Village.

aww, brotherly love.

While James was getting his ankle checked out, I took the opportunity to walk around Lake Yellowstone. The lake is beautiful. It's about 17 miles long (I think) and right on the other side are gorgeous mountains. It was a good day to visit because it was one of the first warm days we had - meaning the ice on the lake was melting. I could hear it creaking and cracking and washing onto the shore.


I found a nice dead tree to sit on while I waited and read Blue Like Jazz.


Little tid bit about myself: I love the way dead trees look. I don't know why I find them so beautiful but I do. I was really excited when I found this tree (picture below) because not only is dead but you can see it's roots as well (also, there is a wonderful landscape behind it).


I went back to the clinic and James is going to be okay (yay!). I went to work and ate dinner with Jessica. By the way, if you were wondering who Jessica is - she is my manager and friend. There is an absence of photos of her because she doesn't like to have her picture taken (bummer, I know).

Anyways, Jessica and I had plans to hang out. We didn't have anything planned so we drove and ended up at the Upper Falls of Yellowstone River. These falls are INTENSE. They are so intense that I took a video and put it on YouTube. Watch this:




We then took a walk and I took pictures of things I like.

When we passed the goose again (about 20 minutes later), he was still there. I tried to throw a snowball at him. I am so evil but it was kind of fun.



We then drove to Artist's Point. This is the spot to see the Canyon. Maybe y'all are tired of seeing the Canyon or self portraits but I don't care - I'm going to keep posting them.

I couldn't decide which picture I liked best - so I posted both of them.


The absolutely cheesy, beautiful, wonderful, "so pretty it looks fake" Grand Canyon of Yellowstone

No comments: