Saturday, June 19, 2010

The Sushi Goal . . .

was a failure. . . kind of.

I MADE SUSHI. I did it! BUT. It was only okay. I actually tried to make it twice. BOTH times the nori (the dried seaweed) was very chewy. Too chewy. Unpleasently chewy. BUT other than that, it was very good! My rice tasted wonderful. And the flavors blended nicely. I gotta give it another go. The second time I made sushi, I even roasted the nori (by moving across the gas burner for 10 seconds) and it was still very chewy. Ug.

Here's some pictures from the first time:



I was too depressed to pictures the second time. I wish I would have looking at these now. I added a lot more ingredients. These just had cucumber and carrot. But the second time I use crab mean, avocado, cucumber, and cream cheese.

Okay, now I need to move on to some other goals. I forgot what they were already. But there is trouble ahead because I start summer school tomorrow. I will make the time!

1 comment:

Des said...

haha that's awesome. I made sushi a while ago with every seafood imaginable in it. It was soooo good. <333 sushi!