Tuesday, June 29, 2010

The Magic of Simplicity

I am trying desperately to be more simple now a days. Oh ya know, I'm trying to only buy what I need (mainly food), make my bed everyday, pack less on vacation, take everything out of my car whenever I leave it, and be organized. I love the simple life. But I find it so frinken hard to accomplish. It theory it should be easier, maybe this is true once a habit is formed. But I have trouble creating that habit (well "they" do say "a habit is a hard thing to break"). I am lazy. I like to leave things in my car, and then shove them up into those reusable grocery bags (which I have never used for groceries, opps) and leave them in my bedroom (usually hidden in the top of my closet). It sucks to do that because then I can't find things.

So. What to do, what to do.

I am going to try to be more simple. today. or tomorrow. or after this weekend... No. today. Yes. Today.

Here is what I am going to do:
1) Deep clean car and bedroom: Find a spot for everything, and then put it there. Then vacuum.
2) Take things out of car when ever I am home.
3) Pick up all things and put them in their spot before going to bed. I have trouble with this one because Bill Nye (my boyfriend) and I have scheduled talking time at night. I usually rush to brush my teeth and wash my face to talk to him on time, but this needs change. In my simple life, there shouldn't be any rushing.
5) Do all dishes before bed (this means put them away too).
4) Wash laundry once a week.
5) Also clean bathroom and kitchen once a week.
6) Be 5 minutes earlier to avoid rushing.

So here I gooooo.
Day 1
(hopefully I don't take a nap)


simple.

1 comment:

Des said...

Totally attainable goals. Take it one day at a time. You can do it.
They say it takes 2 months to form a habit...stick it threw for a few weeks and you will be set.