Friday, June 11, 2010

Old Livejournal

Remember Livejournal? Those were the days... No myspace or facebook. I don't even think it was called a "blog". I remember the day I learned how to upload photos onto it, I was so excited. I could share words and pictures to the world! I yearned for comments. Now, I have like 7 different accounts across the internet (okay, 3 that I check regularly). But still! I miss the simplicity.


Anywho, I found an old journal entry from livejournal and I wanted to share it on my newest blog.



I was so sad and poor my first few years of college. I rode the bus everywhere! I would ride an 1.5 hours to donate blood and 1.5 back. It took about 45 minutes to an hour just to get to school. It was bloody awful. I lived a 10 minute drive away. I am happy that I own my car now. I think I grew a lot from those crazy, scary, depressing, and poor experiences. Crazy people still creep me out, and I still don't know the appropriate response to talking to them.

O well. I am happy now. I am finically secure (hopefully- cross your fingers that Michigan won't cut any more grants). And I have my future laid out for me.

I do need some God time in life - whatever that means. I'll blog more about that later.

1 comment:

Des said...

Im glad to hear you have come a long way from your depressed teenage years.
I graduated from college a year ago. Once I graduated I refused to move home. I stayed in my college town. I am still here. My apt is pretty cheap. I just recently landed myself a full time job and am somewhat more financially stable but it was quite rough there for a while. Im still stuck in my college town & am hoping to move closer to some friends and family in the near future.
Its rough but life always gets better.