Friday, September 19, 2008

Woman of God



“We need to find God, and he cannot be found in noise and restlessness. God is the friend of silence. See how nature - trees, flowers, grass- grows in silence; see the stars, the moon and the sun, how they move in silence... We need silence to be able to touch souls.”
-Mother Teresa

So I went to Yellowstone. I had a lot of silence. A lot of silence and nature. And with those two things combined it's hard not to think about God. Or even focus on him. Recently, I have found that it is harder than I thought to find silence in my life. There is something so special to me about basking in silence with God. I love the word basking. Kinda like sun bathing, but soaking in God and the silence. I really feel like Mother Teresa hits the bulls eye when she said this. She understands the importance of silence. I am forgetting all the time how important it is. We live in such a generation of go go go! and listen to music whenever you can, or turn your tv on, or call a friend. Never be quiet. That is the pressure I feel from the world. Never be quiet, specially on purpose.

Stop - and know that I am God, exalted among the nations, exalted on the earth. 
Psalms 46:10

No comments: