Thursday, January 1, 2009

2008 and 2009

Wow, 2008. What a year.


Here are the biggest events that happened in 2008:
+ I went to Yellowstone National Park.
+ Found God in the mountains.
+ Got baptized.
+ Got a cross tattoo on my index finger to always remember how good God was that summer.
+ Travis and I broke up.
+ First broken heart.
+ Applied, and got into my dream college (also got the loan too)
+ Attended my dream college, Calvin College.
+ In 2008, I really realized how wonderful I have things, I don't think I've ever been so thankful in a year. (for friends, and blessings)
+ Saw 11 different bears.
+ Did not see a moose.
+ Hiked 100 miles.
+ Made and accomplished some mad rad goals.
+ Lost all confidence in myself and who I really was.
+ Was also the most confident I have ever been, and still learning who I really am.
+ Lost 40 pounds.

My 2009 resolutions
+ Travel. Lots. Here's a list of trips in the making:
!Florence. It is the half way point between me and my friend Dani (a very good friend from Yellowstone) Florence, Kentucky that is.
! Anchorage, Alaska. This is where I plan on living once I graduate. So, I am going to visit and make sure it is as great as the websites say it is.
! Yellowstone, I don't think this one will happen, but I really want it to.
! Camping, everywhere and everyone! It's so cheap. I bought a tent.
! Porcupine mountains. In da U.P. eh.
+ Hike at least 50 miles. This is half of what I did last year, but this year I will not be living in a national park.
+ Spend only $20 a month on eating out. This means fast food, and dining in. But excludes all my travels.
+ Get into super shape. I am already in the best shape of my life, but I would like to get some muscle.
+ Go actual rock climbing.
+ Run a 5K marathon.
+ Really help Danielle with her slave trade awareness, and not be shy about it.
+ Get one 4.0 in one class at Calvin.
+ Boost my GPA to a 3.3
+ Get a car.
+ Read through the whole New Testament.
+ Journal half a page everyday. Everyday.
+ Actually not date anyone until October 28th, 2009. And actually focus on the man most important in my life: God.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

can I go to anchorage with you? :)

Anonymous said...

I want to see you like whoa! Happy New Year!!!